Pages

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Spring/Easter vignette


Spring/Easter vignette, originally uploaded by jcann.

With Spring approaching (well not soon enough), I thought I would show you a little vignette of some of my favorite things...I am a bunny collector, I try to be picky about which bunnies I buy, this is one of my favorites.

The green cabbage plates are a fav with me too, I think I must have every piece that has come into the stores. Green is a "neutral" when it comes to decorating, everything always looks wonderful and refreshing with green.

I am asked about doing vignettes quite alot, here are some of my thoughts on this techinique in setting up a vignette:

...try to have color in certain places so that your eye "travels" around the vignette. In this case my color theme is green and white, simple but effective.
...also strive for a high-low arrangement, being the lamp is the tallest of a "triangle" leading your eye down to the lower area of the vignette and following back thru with the other different height and colored items.

.....have some sort of greenery in there, either real or a very good fake.

....I also like having one of my plates from my vast collections on a stand, this way my collections are not only functional but decoratively useful.
Hope that helps.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Thanks for the tip about setting up vignettes.
Carrie @ Oak Rise Cottage

Mary said...

Oh, I LOVE this -- so perfect!
xoxo,
Mary at Little Red House

Sweet Designs said...

Carrie, thank you for visiting, and I am glad the tip was helpful, any other questions just ask!

Mary, thank you for the complement and visiting my blog!

Charlotte said...

I'm a bunny collector too. I love this bunny.

the tattered nest said...

I love bunnies too! this is so pretty! you have a great eye for design! thanks for stopping by my blog...nice to meet you! take care,Gail