Pages

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Dinner and Dessert Tablesetting in front of the Fireplace


I just wanted to put up a quick shot my my dinner tablesetting tonight in front of the fireplace. It was pretty simple, a salad, chicken and rice with a sweet muffin and hot chocolate for dessert.


I've had the plaid plates for quite a few years, they came from Target. These were very inexpensive but the enjoyment from them has been priceless. I have been able to mix and match many christmas holiday dishes with them. For tablesettings I like to use the same color theme as my surroundings if I can. In this case I used dishes and accessories with whites, reds and some black, basically the same color theme found in my fireplace mantel decorations. I find alot of times the "road map" for your color scheme is right in front of you. Of course I have been known to use colors that don't match the room at all, in that case the tablesetting is the star. Not very helpful am I ??? ;)

2 comments:

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I think it looks great! :-)

Tardevil said...

Very pretty! Love all of the plaids. The tree or garland (can't tell which) is very pretty, in the background!